A military base in the state of Washington is helping soldiers cope with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder by using trained dogs.
Since 2009, a program at Joint Base Lewis-McChord's Warrior Transition Battalion has paired 12 live-in service dogs with recovering soldiers.
Each service dog requires two years of training at a cost of $20,000.
Read the full article here:
Service dogs help Washington soldiers battling PTSD - The Register-Guard
- service dogs for veterans in washington state
- service dogs for veterans with ptsd wa state
- ptsd service dogs washington state
- ptsd service dogs in washington state
- service dog training in washington state
- ptsd dog training washington
- ptsd service dogs for veterans in washington
- washington ptsd dogs
- VETERAN SERVICE DOG TRAINING WASHINGTON STATE
- PTSD service dog for Washington state veterans
Filed Under: Dog News