The use of a crate in dog training is highly debated amongst experts and dog lovers alike. Some swear by it in terms of housebreaking a dog but others do not like the idea. It is one of those training options that you have to decide upon for yourself, but the fact remains that the crate is one of the most effective forms of housebreaking known today.
When housebreaking a dog, the crate can be used to create a safe haven for your dog that is much like a human bedroom. As such, it can be used as a tool to teach your dog exactly how he or she should behave in the home. You can train your dog to do a variety of things using the crate, but it should never be used as a punishment when housebreaking a dog as that is counter productive.
One of the best possible roles the crate has is to help with toilet training when housebreaking a dog. Obviously this is important because you need to encourage your dog to ask to go out.
A crate may be a smaller space than a room but it will ensure that your dog feels that he or she is enclosed and safe. As such, you can have peace of mind that your dog is healthy, happy and housebroken in no time.Popular search terms for this page:
- crate train respect privacy
- HT housebreak dog with crate
- housebreaking dogs crate training
- housebreaking dog in expen and crate
- housebreaking a dog
- Housebreak training -puppy
- house break dog by crate training
- crating best dog for housebreaking
- crate training/housebreaking
- will crate and housebreaking training be affective if puppy does not sleep in crate?
Filed Under: Crate Training