The following is a list of more tools and equipment for grooming your dog: Hydraulic…
Certain tools are required to properly groom your dog. All dogs should have the basic supplies such as brush, comb, and scissors. However, long coats require different grooming tools than smooth coats, wire coats, and curly coats. The following is a list of tools you will need for grooming:
- Boar’s Bristle Brush: This brush works great for removing the undercoat of long-coated breeds and also helps in getting rid of mats in the undercoat.
- Bristle Brushes (soft, medium, and stiff): These brushes are used on different short-coated breeds, for regular brushing and to remove the undercoat of certain long-coated breeds.
- Cage Dryer: This type of dryer is designed to fit on cages so that the dog may be dried inside the cage.
- Chamois cloth: This cloth is used for polishing the coats of short-haired dogs.
- Comb: The best comb is a regulation-size steel comb with both medium and fine teeth. This comb will do a good job on most breeds.
- Duplex dresser: A stripping tool used on most Terriers and other breeds.
- Floor dryer: This is a type of dryer that is generally used for fluff drying. Because of the long arm on this dryer it can be used to direct the air on the coat and dry the hair.
- Grooming post and loop: The ideal grooming post should be one that is portable and can easily be attached to any size table. The loop is placed around the dog’s neck to ensure his safety.
- Snap-on comb: This is a favorite among “fast job groomers.” If slipped over a #15 blade, it will thus uniformly leave 5/8 inches of hair wherever used. This type of comb is available in six different sizes.
- Grooming table (18′, x 34”): This standard size grooming table is usually a folding type and easy to carry and move to a different location. It is 30″ high and has ribbed rubber matting. This table is mostly used for grooming small dogs.
- Grooming table (24″ x 36”): This is an average size grooming table, usually a folding type, and also easy to transport. This table is 30″ high and has ribbed rubber matting on the top. This table can be used for grooming various breed sizes.
- High-speed floor dryer: This dryer is the same as the other floor dryers except that it has a high-speed motor attached for fluff drying long-coated breeds such as the Standard Poodle, Old English Sheepdog, and Afghan.
- Hound Glove: The hound glove is used on the coats of various short-haired dogs in the hound family.
Filed Under: Dog Grooming