Certain tools are required to properly groom your dog. All dogs should have the basic…
The following is a list of more tools and equipment for grooming your dog:
- Hydraulic grooming table (23″ X 36”) with tailgate in position 23″ x 47”): This table works great for grooming dogs of all sizes and weights. It can be lowered to 29” from the floor and raised to 35 1/2” at its highest point. This type of grooming table has an 11″ tailgate that can be folded away when not in use and ribbed rubber mat on the top. It is especially useful when grooming very large or very heavy breeds.
- Large pin brush: This brush is commonly used for regular brushing of long-coated large dogs.
- Matting comb: Heavy comb with wide teeth preferred. A matting comb will help in getting rid of mats from the coats of long-haired breeds.
- Nail Clipper: The following are three types of nail clippers that are suitable for small, medium, and large breeds. The scissors-type is recommended for small dogs. The guillotine-type is used on medium-sized dogs. And finally, the heavy duty, pliers-type, is best used for large breeds with strong, hard nails.
- Oster Blades: These blades are designed for both the A5 and the A2 model clippers. Each blade is numbered. The higher the number, the more hair it removes.
- Oster small animal clipper (A2 Model): A very good clipper to use, though it requires interchangeable heads which makes it a little harder to use due to the added inconvenience.
- Oster Small animal clipper (A5 Model): A one-piece clipper with snap-on blades. This clipper is highly recommended because it is the easiest to use and operate.
- Oster spray lube: This spray product is used to cool and lubricate the blades. Using the spray lube is necessary when clipping in order to prevent clipper burns.
- Rubber brush: This brush is designed for use on few short-coated breeds.
- Scissors: These types of scissors come in both large and small sizes, and some are designed for left-handed people.
- Curved shears: This tool is used by some groomers to help achieve a rounded effect on top-knots and “pom-poms.”
- Shedding blade: The shedding blade is used on dogs with excessive shedding.
- Silk handkerchief: This is mainly used for polishing the coats of white short-haired breeds.
- Small pin brush: This type of brush is used for brushing long-coated small dogs.
- Stripping Knives: The fine stripping knife is used on the head, ears, and other sensitive areas. The coarse stripping knife is used on the other parts of the body.
Filed Under: Dog Grooming