Beagle puppy training should begin as soon as you welcome your new little pooch into your home. The very fist step in training is socialization, it begins from the first moment you meet your pup and continues each time he is introduced to new environments, new people and other animals.
Socialization is an integral part of your beagle’s wellbeing, security and overall sense of happiness and belonging. Since this is the case, it is something that needs to be carefully incorporated into your dog’s daily routine. Beagle training in terms of socializing is not something that should only be done in the confines of your home; it also needs to occur outside.
The first six months of your puppy’s life are the most crucial in terms of providing him with positive social encounters. The reason is socializing will help to deter behavioral problems, such as possessiveness and aggression. He will also be easier to groom, walk and train and become a well liked and respected member of your community.
The following are some of the many great ways you can socialize your pet as part of his beagle puppy training:
- Introduce him and allow him to bond in a group and separately with each member in your household.
- Let him interact with adults, children and other dogs you happen to meet on walks. Note: do not force encounters. Make sure that your pup and the other people are willing participants. No social encounter should be forced because you don’t want to create a negative association when it comes to meeting strangers.
- Introduce him to relatives and friends and, if they allow it, take him to their homes so he can become familiar socializing in a different environment with new smells.
- Let him meet and greet service people that regularly come to your door, such as the newspaper deliverer or mail carrier.
- Take him to playgrounds and dog parks where he can become comfortable with seeing lots of other people and animals in one space. Note: these areas will also be ideal for beagle puppy training when you want to teach him to keep his focus on you.
- Take him on car rides.
- Groom him regularly and make sure you touch his whole body, including his belly, paws and inside his mouth to establish trust.
The more socializing and beagle puppy training that can be done in the early months of his life, the quicker you will bond and the happier and more balanced he will be as an adult.Popular search terms for this page:
Filed Under: Beagle Training